Build a Better Professional Resume
Decide on the “Types of resume” to use:
- Chronological Resume: Resume which contains experience sorted by date- mostly the recent project or role you completed will appear on the top of the experience section.
- Functional Resume: Resume which contains skills in the functional order. Example- Skill of Java Development as the first item which contains all the experiences you has in life related to Java. You can combine Chronological and Functional types to make the Combined type
- Targeted resume: Targeted Resume just contains the detail only related to the job you are applying. In this type of resume you first create a combined type resume or Chronological or Functional resume and keep removing the content and keeping only the content relevant to the job you are applying.
Become a Finder:
It is much easier if you can find a sample resume online and follow the pattern to create your own resume. Sites like google, monster, simplyhired, techfetch, indeed, all of them have a section where you can find profession resumes. Example- indeed.com/resume
It is a good idea to get your resume reviewed by your friends and if possible by related professional. It will ensure that your resume shines with accuracy. Most of the time job seeker forget the fact that the resume is the brand name or good will of that person. They ignore it and so get ignored. Don’t make this mistake. Resume can never be erroneous as the resume is the only document which is updated 100s of time when you change job. Just imaging if you have 7 years of experience then who many times you reviewed your resume in 7 years.
Gather all Proofs:
Always make sure to add statement in resume which is backed up by the proofs. Proofs may be certifications, recommendations or verbal references by senior or leaders. You should never think of faking a resume- it will consequently hurt your future.
We don’t provide resume building sessions to anyone who is not our employee but we sometime publically release podcasts and online classes for free to those who are interested. Make sure you chat with our representative to status on the current free sessions.
Resume Building Helpful Tips:
- Word contains number of templates which can assist in the resume building. After downloading the resume you can make the changes as necessary
- You can use online tools or resume builders to create the resume. But in any case make sure have follow items in consideration when creating the resume
- The first thing on any resume is your name; the first name and your last name. And after that you should have your contact details; your postal address, your telephone number and your email.
- To make items/content visible you may choose to bold it or UPPER CASE the fonts. Just make sure your resume keeps its simplicity & elegance.
- Sections of professional resumes are
- Professional Summary
- Professional Experience
- Technical (Tools) Skills
- Academic Achievements
- Other Information like Language, Environment, Behavior, Certifications, references etc
- Depending on the job and the type of resume structure – you can shift the sections. Example- if you are applying as the Java Developer – then it is important to bring everything related to the Java in the front page possible. Most of the interviewers never go beyond second page
- Always while defining your professional section, you should break down this section to at least have following sub sections:
- Duties Completed
- Project & Company Description
- Metrics Defining Success and the full name of the project and company with complete address
- If you are focused on specific subject matter for the job then it is always good to define the environment, utilized technologies and situations
- Make Sure to “Review” by selecting “Spelling & Grammar”. Spelling mistake in resume is the worst thing you could do to your career
2323 Westgate Dr, Dallas, Texas- 75062 | 469 464 3334 | email@example.com
• 7+ years of experience in user interaction, Coding, Testing, requirement gathering, systems analysis, design and development.
• Experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) of distributed web-based applications.
• Strong exposure working with J2EE design patterns like MVC, Front Controller, Singleton and Data Access Objects.
• Expertise in Core Java, Collection Framework and Java Multi-Threading applications.
• Extensive Experience working in Spring, Hibernate and Struts frameworks.
• Solid working knowledge of Java Web Services, with real time knowledge using SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI.
• Proficient in creating server-side components, designing and implementing Business Tier Objects, User Interface (GUI) design and development, Unit testing, debugging and Deployment
• Extensive experience in production support and troubleshooting issues arising post-deployment.
• Demonstrated work experience in using the state of art UI frameworks like Tiles and JSF.
• Worked with ANT Builder and ANT/Maven for the application building.
• Experience in using log4J for application logging purposes.
• Strong experience in Configuration tools like CVS, SVN, and Rational Clear case.
• Experience in creating various Use case diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams using Microsoft Visio during the design phase of SDLC.
• Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), OOA, OOD and OOP through implementation and various software testing.
• Ability to grasp new technologies and to correctly apply new tools to build applications. Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
• Experienced and proven best practices of Web services development and Integration (both REST and SOAP)
• Expertise in XML and schemas like XSD, DTD and parsers like JAXP (SAX & DOM) and JAXB
• Understanding on API design with Data structures and Algorithms (Hash Code, Tree, etc.)
• Experienced in using Integrated Development environments like Eclipse, NetBeans and JBuilder.
• Worked with multiple versions of Oracle and familiar with SQL Server, MySQL environment.
• Excellent Client interaction and presentation skills and have proven experience in working independently and in a team.
• Experience in developing the applications using Application Servers like IBM Web Sphere7.0/6.x/5.x and BEA WebLogic 10.x/9.x/8.x versions and Web servers like Apache Tomcat 6.0/5.X/4.X, Oracle Standalone Application Server 10, JBOSS.
• Ability to investigate/research issues, determines impact, and provide new programming concepts, tools, and methodology to support the needs of the business.
• Understanding of industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Service oriented architecture SOA, Iterative Software development Life Cycle Processes such as Agile/Scrum Methodologies
• Experienced in application design using Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), Object Oriented Methodologies like UML with Rational Rose Software.
• Good hands on experience in latest frameworks like Hibernate, Struts and Spring.
• Implemented MVC Design Pattern using Struts framework. Extensively worked on struts tag libraries, validations, exceptional handling and JSTL in struts framework.
Java/J2ee developer Wal-Mart Richardson, TX August 2013 to Present
Description: The Store Claims Processing Project is to modernize the Store Backroom Claims system, to facilitate compliance enhancements, and to respond quickly to future requirements. The scope of Store Claims Processing Project includes the design, Development and Support of new applications and modifies existing Auto Claims applications in the Store Claims Processing area, which would address the opportunities in the existing system.
• Analyzed Business Requirements and Identified mapping documents required for system and functional testing efforts for all test scenarios.
• Performed Requirement Gathering & Analysis by actively soliciting, analyzing and negotiating customer requirements and prepared the requirements specification document for the application using Microsoft Word.
• Developed Use Case diagrams, business flow diagrams, Activity/State diagrams.
• Adopted J2EE design patterns like Service Locator, Session Facade and Singleton.
• Configuration of application using spring, Hibernate, DAO’s, Actions Classes, Java Server Pages.
• Configuring Hibernate and Tiles related XML files.
• Developed the application using Spring Framework that uses Model View Controller (MVC) architecture with JSP as the view.
• Developed presentation layer using JSP, HTML and CSS, JQuery.
• Extensively used Spring IOC for Dependency Injection and worked on Custom MVC Frameworks loosely based on Struts.
• Developed Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP), to route the submittals to the EJB components and render-retrieved information using Session Facade, Service Locator (design pattern).
• Developed J2EE components on Eclipse IDE.
• Used JDBC to invoke Stored Procedures and also used JDBC for database connectivity to SQL.
• Deployed the applications on Websphere Application Server.
• Used Oracle11g database for tables creation and involved in writing SQL queries using Joins and Stored Procedures.
• Writing complex SQL queries and reviewing SQL queries for the other team members.
• Developed JUnit Test Cases for Code unit test.
• Worked with configuration management groups for providing various deployment environments set up including System Integration testing, Quality Control testing etc.
Environment:J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, RAD, RSA, SQL Developer, Oracle 11g, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, MS Visio, MS Office
Java Developer LaSalle Bank Chicago, IL July 2012 to July 2013
Description: The La Salle bank provides online banking to support its renowned customers. The application is a part of online banking that a customer leverages to set up his e-bills payment as well as inter account transfers. The application also supports intra bank transfer for a given customer.
• Involved in analysis, design and development of e-bill payment system as well as account transfer system and developed specs that include Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
• Published and consumed Web Services using SOAP, WSDL and deployed it on WebLogic server Web Server.
• Used SOAP based web services to develop interfaces to integrate between front end systems and back end systems.
• Involved in all the phases of (SDLC) including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications from Business Analyst.
• Developed WSDL’s and XSD’s for creating interfaces between different systems using SOAP based web services.
• Also developed web services components using Apache Camel, SOAP, WSDL, JAXB, and JAX- WS with java.
• Used Spring Framework for Authentication and Authorization and ORM components to support the Hibernate tool.
• Designed and developed Application based on Spring framework using MVC design patterns
• Responsible for writing/reviewing server side code using Spring JDBC and DAO module of spring for executing stored procedures and SQL queries
• Worked with Core Java for business logic.
• Used Oops based design to develop the interactive web application.
• Developed Web services for the services to get the data from external systems to process the request from client sides
• Utilized SOAP UI to generate request XML’s from WSDL to test the responses.
• Designed and developed the business logic layer and data access layer using different kinds of EJB’s and Data Access Objects (Dao’s).
• Used JSON for validation, documentation data required by a given application.
• Followed the Agile methodology to implement the application.
• Used Log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
• Developed the application using Eclipse as the IDE and used the standard features for editing, debugging, running etc.
• Built scripts using MAVEN that compiles the code, pre-compiles the JSP’s, built an EAR file and deployed the application on the WebLogic application server.
• Used SVN as a documentation repository and version-controlling tool.
• Developed JUnit test cases for unit test of all developed modules.
• Created the design documents with use case diagrams, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
• Wrote SQL queries for Oracle Database.
• Participated in and contributed to design reviews and code reviews.
Java Developer Century link Communications November 2010 to July 2012
Description: Century link provides communications and data services to residential, business, governmental and wholesale customers. EFLOW’s Workflow Development Framework and Infrastructure service functionally de-couples and logically integrates applications, vendor products and business entities. EFLOW system supports both Manual and Automated and partly manual and automated workflow processes. This application is built using Java J2EE, GWT, Spring, JMS including Web services.
• Responsible and mentored the team in complete software development lifecycle (SDLC) tasks – design, coding, testing, and documentation using Rational Unified Process (RUP) for analysis and design of application.
• Designed pages and implemented pagination feature using Display Tag Library.
• Developed Action Form, Action classes for implementing business logic using Struts Framework.
• Hibernate frame work is used in persistence layer of Billing Module for mapping an object-oriented domain model to a relational database (Oracle).
• Implemented various design patterns in the project such as Business Delegate, Used HQL statements and procedures to fetch the data from the database.
• Designed and developed few of the Administration module application screens using Swing UI components.
• Used the Struts framework and Standard Tag Libraries and various custom in-house custom tag libraries for the presentation layer.
• Used the light weight container of the Struts Frame work to provide architectural flexibility for inversion of controller (IOC).
• Designed and developed DAL console for monitoring the feeds using Struts MVC , JSP and JQuery.
• Involved in the development of business module applications using J2EE technologies like Servlets, JSP and JDBC.
• Consumed Web Services (WSDL, SOAP) from third party for authorizing payments to/from customers.
• Used REST full web services for transmission of large blocks of XML data over HTTP.
• Design and developed several Web services (SOAP) client using AXIS to send service requests to Web services
• Deployed the application on to WebSphere application server.
• Used log4j for logging messages and Rational Clear Case for version Control.
• Developed test cases and performed unit test using JUnit.
• Used ANT scripts to fetch, build, and deploy application to development environment.
Java Developer Sparsh Communications Pvt Ltd July 2007 to November 2010
Description: There were 16 modules. Major we worked on inpatient, outpatient, Laboratory management. The inpatient module is designed to take care of all the activities and functions pertaining to Inpatient Management. This module automates the day-to-day administrative actives and provides instant access to other modules, which leads to a better patient care. It provides comprehensive data pertaining to Admission of Patients & Ward Management The Outpatient module serves as an entry point to schedule an appointment with the Hospital Resident Doctor or Consultant Doctor for Medical Consultations and diagnosis.
• Designed and developed features.
• Developed user interface using applet.
• Developed interaction framework for asset database interaction and developed save and conversion specific servlets for applet interaction.
• Developed custom tags, jsp pages.
• Worked on deployment on client side.
• Fixed bugs and performed unit testing. Involved in analysis, design and development of the project.
• Created GUIs for applications and applets using SWING components and applets.
• Implemented the project using JSP and Servlets based tag libraries .Deployed applications on JBoss 4.0 server
• Developed Session Beans which encapsulates the workflow logic
• Used Log4j logging framework to debug the code
• Used SVN for the concurrent development in the team and for code repository
• Deployed applications on Linux client machines.
• Deployed the EARs and WARs in WebSphere Application server using ANT script.
• Involved in regression testing, evaluating the response times, and resolving the connection pooling issues.
Environment: Java , J2EE, Servlets, Struts , EJB, JSP, HTML, CSSs, SWING, APPLET, JBoss 4.0, SQL Server 2000, Ant, WSDL, REST, Eclipse, SVN, Linux, log4j.
Texas Tech University, Lubbock Texas – MS IT (2000- 2006)
- Java Technologies: Servlets, JSP 2.0, JDBC, JMS, JNDI, Web Services, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, JAXB, Java Mail, HTML.
- Frameworks: Struts, Spring, Hibernate , JSP, JPA, JSF.
- Web Development Technologies: HTML 5, XHTML, DHTML, AJAX,CSS3,XML, XSL, XSLT, SAX/DOM.
- Web/Application Servers: IBM WebSphere 5.x/6.x, WebLogic , JBoss 3.2.x, Tomcat 7.
- Databases: Oracle […] SQL Server […] MySQL, PostgreSQL, Apache Derby.
- Configuration SVN, CVS, Rational Clear Case.
- IDEs Eclipse 3.7, MyEclipse 8.5,IBM RAD 7.0/7.5, WSAD, NetBeans, JBuilder.
- Methodologies: Agile, OOAD, UML, OOP, MVC & MVC2,SOA.
- Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows […]
- Tools and Other: Ant, Maven, Selinium, IBM MQ Series, Log4j, JUnit